Welcome to my page! My name is Maurdrice McNeill and I teach physical education. I also coach football and track for Aaron Cohn Middle School. I am married to Ebony, an educator, and we have one daughter named Madison. I am a product of the Muscogee County School District. I believe that all children can learn but we all do not learn the same ways. If children put forth an effort along with supportive parents then anything can be accomplished. I look forward to this year being the best school year yet.
THIS WEEK IN PE.
This is Coach Hill, Coach McNeill’s student teacher. This week will begin me teaching all 5 classes. I will finish up the soccer unit with all classes that have started it and will start soccer with 3rd and 4th period for a few days. Following soccer we will start a volleyball unit. Also during this week and next, students will be completing their fitnessgram testing. This testing will be done every Tuesday and Thursday until spring break. If you have any questions feel free to email me @ email@example.com .
- Track @ Kinnett, 5:15pm
- NJHS, 4pm
- Yearbook Club, 4pm
- Drama Club, 4pm
- STEM Club, 4pm
- FCA, 8:25am
- Speak it!, 9am
- Chorus LGPE
- Art Club, 4pm
- Math Team
- Georgia Movie Academy in Americus
- NHD Club, 4pm
- Band LGPE, 4pm
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
We consider it a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with your child and are looking forward to a very rewarding physical education experience for all.
In order to experience success, the student must dress appropriately daily. The proper attire for PE is as follows: comfortable loose fitting shorts (the appropriate length will be addressed), a comfortable loose fitting T-shirt, socks, and athletic shoes. Please note that students who are ill or injured are required to have a parent or doctor’s note to be excused from participation. Students who are unable to participate for extended periods may be required to complete a written assignment on sport or fitness related activities.
Students have the option to purchase the department’s PE uniform for a fee of $30.00. Students also have the option of renting a PE locker for a $5.00 fee. Sharing of lockers is prohibited. Students who choose to pay the $5.00 fee will be able to leave their gym clothes in their gym locker throughout the school year; this option is on a first come first serve basis. If the student does not choose to rent a locker, their clothes/valuables will be unsecure and may be stolen or lost. Please note that the PE staff will make every effort to assist in this situation but will not be liable.
Thanks for your support as we join in an effort to make this school experience the best that it can be.
PE Supply List, please bring in only the item assigned for your child’s grade.
- Disinfecting Wipes (6th Grade)
- Band Aids (7th Grade)
- Kleenex (8th Grade)
Aaron Cohn Middle School
Physical Education Staff
Physical Education Syllabus
Physical Education is a participation class. This means that without an excuse from a doctor or a note from a parent, a student is expected to dress out and participate every day. Parent notes are only good for three (3) days. If a student is unable to participate for longer than 3 days, a doctor’s excuse must be presented to the teacher. The doctor’s excuse should state the nature of the illness or injury and what activities the student can or can’t do.
- Students must respect others and their property.
- NO CELL PHONE USE IN THE GYM DURING THE SCHOOL DAY. Cell phones must remain locked up in the locker room during class.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Dressing out is defined as wearing different clothes than the ones worn to school. Clothing suitable for dressing out is athletic shoes, t-shirt, shorts (acceptable in length), or sweats. Shorts must be worn over yoga pants and spandex.
- Consequences for not dressing out:
- 1st offense- Verbal Warning
- 2nd offense- Physical Education Modification
- 3rd offense- Notification to Parents (e-mail or phone)
- 4th offense- Administrative Detention
- 5th offense- Office referral ISSP
- Locker room doors will be locked (3) minutes after the last student enters the locker room.
- Lock up all valuables (clothes, purses, and jewelry). This is the student’s responsibility!
- No gum, candy, or food in the locker room, gym, or athletic field.
- No running or horseplay in the locker room or gym.
- Do not touch any equipment unless given permission.
A student’s grade will be lowered for failure to dress out or failure to participate in assigned activities. Students may be given written and skills test. Please remember that grades are not given they are earned.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.