Personal Fitness is designed to give students the knowledge and skills necessary to self-assess, create, conduct, evaluate, and redesign personal fitness programs. Student participation, fitness labs/tests, and classroom participation (notes, class work, quizzes, etc) are essential to benefit personally and academically in this class.
This class is required of all students and there are no substitutions, including participation in athletics. This course is a combination classroom and performance-based activities with a focus on proper nutrition and the mastery of skills needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- 1 - 1 1/2 inch binder w/ paper
- pencil or pen
- colored pencils
- school appropriate dress-out clothes & tennis shoes
- PE locker
- 50% summative: tests, quizzess, performance-based tasks, SGM test
- 50% formative: class work, homework
- Be on time with a good attitude.
- Be respectful to your teacher and your classmates.
- Follow safety rules when in the gym.
- Electronic devices of any kind should not be out in the gym or class room at any time unless given permission.
I am available after school from 3:45 - 4:30 most days after school. Please arrange time at least 48 hours in advance. You may email me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at the school at 706-569-3638.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.