Hello Parents and Students,
Welcome to 7th grade Life Science, my name is April Diehl a very excited for this school year.
I believe that all children are unique and have something special that they can bring to their own education. I will assist my students to express themselves and accept themselves for who they are, as well embrace the differences of others. It is my desire to create a stimulating educational environment where the students can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
Every classroom has its own unique community; my role as the teacher will be to assist each child in developing their own potential and learning styles. I will present a curriculum that will incorporate each different learning style, as well as make the content relevant to the students' lives. I will incorporate hands-on learning, cooperative learning, projects, themes, and individual work that engage and activate students learning.
Each student will be held accountable for their participation. I will do more than my best to prepare your children for their educational futures. We will study Kingdoms, Cells, Human Body, Genetics, Food Chain, Evolution and Biomes. We follow the Georgia Standards of Excellence, which aligns our curriculum with the skills needed to master and accomplish our goals!
Please feel free to email me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with your child this year.
Ms. A. Diehl
Monday: April 6, 2020
Tuesday: April 7, 2020
Please make sure you click on the link below of your class and add your name in quizziz. You will need this starting tomorrow.
1st Period: https://quizizz.com/join?class=V456410
4th Period: https://quizizz.com/join?class=F659290
March 23-27: Week 31
- Please watch the following video on biomes. Again you may add to your biome book.
- Describe populations, communities, and ecosystems
- Identify ecosystems
- Describe ecosystems
2. Complete the quizzes on the following link for each biome that is there. This is only for practice. This will help you on the biome test when we return.
- Please study each your biome book each day for at least 15 minutes. You will need to know all the information on the pages of the power point for the final test.
- Go to the following website and build each of the biomes. Make sure you read everything that pops up for each biome. This can help you add to your biome book if you need plants and animals. There is nothing here for you to send to me, but I am trusting you will work on this.
- Please work on IXL
- Gimkit: You will NEED to click on the link below for your class and find your name. If you do not click to the link for your class your grade will not be recorded. This one is called Biome 1. Due Tuesday at midnight.
- IXL Science:
You will see six skills for Cells waiting for you to master. Those skills are:
- Understanding cells
- Identify functions of plant cell parts
- Identify functions of animal cell parts
- Plant cell diagrams: label parts
- Animal cell diagrams: label parts
- Compare cells and cell parts3.
Complete the assignment by earning a SmartScore of AT LEAST 70% on ALL SIX skills
- Please study each your biome book each day for at least 15 minutes. You will have to know all information on that page.
2. Achieve 3000 Articles (Please do all five of the activities at the top on the first article)
- Looking Out for Giraffes
- New Trees, Better Planet
Distance Learning Plans for week 30
Access code for test: 12345
Do Now: week 30 do now.docx
Biome Book Pages: biome book.pdf
Biome Book Powerpoint: Biome Bytes.pptx
Email me if you have any questions: email@example.com
PPT, NOTES AND LESSON PLANS
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.