Aaron Cohn Physical Education Distance Learning Plans
Every day students will complete daily warm ups and select one physical activity from the choice board provided.
Submitting work to their PE teacher:
- ALL students with internet access should email their teacher WEEKLY (No longer daily). The email should include the week’s (Monday- Friday) activities completed, time spent on activities and a picture of the student participating the activities (if possible).
- ONLY students without internet access can keep a daily log of their activity. Students should include activity completed, time spent on activity and parents should sign off on the activity. Students will submit log to teacher at a later date to be determined by administration.
Warmups (Complete every day) - This is the same warm up routine done every day before activity.
Here is a link to Coach Bolles doing the warm ups. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dT10WIAihI
- Jumping Jacks, Front and Back, Side to Side and Hammer. (15 seconds)
- Basic Stretch-legs together (bend and hold for 15 seconds)
- Stretch -legs apart (Right, Left and Center for 15 seconds)
- One hand Lane touches (15 seconds)
- Butt Kicks (15 seconds)
- Forearm Plank (15 seconds)
- Mountain Climbers (15 seconds)
- Pushups (25)
- Scissor Kicks (10 – 5 each leg)
Physical Activity (Complete every day) - Students should select one of the following activities from the choice board and complete each day. Physical Activities may be repeated but written assignments may NOT be repeated.
- Take a 20 minute Walk/Jog/Run
- Ride bike/scooter for 20 minutes
- Play basketball (20 minutes)
- Play soccer (20 minutes)
- Play catch (20 minutes)
- Play volleyball (20 minutes)
- Play tennis/badminton (Any racquet sport)
- 30-Minute No-Equipment Cardio Kickboxing Workout 30-Minute No-Equipment Cardio Kickboxing Workout
- 10 Minute Standing ABS WORKOUT // No Equipment (complete twice)
- 25 Pushups, 25 Curl Ups, 25 Jumping Jacks, 25 Burpees
- Create a new game (must provide rules, equipment needed and procedures)
- Create your own work out plan (provide exercise, number of reps and sets completed)
- Research and provide 5 health risks to Vaping/Jueling/e –cigarettes
- Research and provide what your body needs to have a well-balanced diet and why a well- balanced diet is important.
- Complete two paragraphs on “What is cardiopulmonary resuscitation” and how it works?
- Create 3 plays for your favorite sport and a practice plan
- Yoga (20 minutes)
- Cut grass/Yard work/ Rake yard (20 minutes)
- Household cleaning (20 minutes)
- Complete fitness crossword puzzle
- Complete fitness word searchhttps://wordmint.com/public_puzzles/9457#
- Swim (20 Minutes)
- Research a health/fitness related article and write one paragraph summary
- Jump Rope (20 Minutes- alternating one minute jumping/one minute rest)
- Dance (20 minutes)
- Perform a “Just Dance Routine” Just Dance Workout 1
- Choreograph a new dance, and record yourself preforming it.
- Hold pushup plank for 30 seconds then rest for 30 seconds. Then hold forearm plank for 30 seconds then rest for 30 seconds (complete 10 times)
- Hula hoop (20 minutes)
- Play Frisbee (20 minutes)
- Complete a daily food intake/nutrition log- write down everything you eat for the day and how many calories you consume.
- Research a sport current event and write a one paragraph summary
- Write about your best day in Physical Education and what it looked like. (one paragraph)
- Planet Fitness is offering at home works and they are completely FREE! No membership required. The workouts will be live-streamed at 7 p.m. ET each day. And if you can't make it live, the workouts will be available on-demand on Planet Fitness’ Facebook and in the Planet Fitness YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ0PnRz4jxOLZZ9XvGCiqfA No equipment is needed, and the classes last 20 minutes or less.
A great resource from team Beachbody https://vimeo.com/showcase/6880106
- Complete “Find your target heart rate” Worksheet https://www.lowell.k12.ma.us/cms/lib/MA01907636/Centricity/Domain/1041/Traget_Heart_Rate_Worksheet.pdf
- Complete target heart rate graph https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@fc/documents/downloadable/ucm_451993.pdf
- Complete “THE 5 FITNESS COMPONENTS” worksheet http://www.mrsicklerphysicaleducation.com/6thGrade/PE_101_files/FitCompPacket2013.pdf
- Complete “The 5 Components of Physical Fitness” https://rhs.rocklinusd.org/subsites/PE/documents/Fitness%20Lab/1-5%20components.pdf
- Paper Plate Planks (Complete until you reach 20 mins) https://www.wevideo.com/view/1614233931
- Towel Fitness Challenge (you need a partner for these) https://www.wevideo.com/view/1614597216
- Obstacle course -Use objects around your house to set up an obstacle course. Video tape yourself going through your obstacle course. Repeat the course by using different locomotor skills (Run, Skip, Jog, Hop, etc.) Have family members get complete course too. BE SURE TO CLEAN UP when done J
- Deck of Card fitness (you will need a deck of cards for this one) -The deck of cards workout is simple. Each suit is assigned to an exercise. (Diamonds equals push-ups, spades equals burpees, hearts equal jumping jacks and clubs equal high knees). Draw a card and perform the designated exercise for the number reps indicated on the card (Ace is one rep, jacks, queens and kings equal 10 reps and number cards indicate their number of reps) Complete 20 minutes
- Rollerblading 20 mins
- Coach Bolles’ YouTube channel (complete one of the line dances) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPoA8DQzCVq1-TOKH4Cu3tA
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.